tldr; We're looking for a backend software engineer to help build a low-code tool that allows users to construct distributed web applications by visually connecting APIs.
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
The Labs product vertical was setup in early 2021 to facilitate the rapid ideation and iteration of new products and strategies. The core motto of the team is frugality and agility – using whatever available to chip away at outcomes at breakneck speed.
We are currently working on Flows, a visual API workflow automation tool that will evolve over time to power full applications. We're looking for a backend engineer to help expand the product by first working on a cloud execution and webhook system.
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You'll Do.
- Conceptualize, build and experiment with new products that will impact millions of people around the world.
- Contribute to a visual programming language.
- Build functional prototypes and tools focused on improving developer productivity.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and other engineering functions within a small, close-knit team.
- Closely interact with the large Postman community and potentially create a massive impact with your work.
- Contribute to a plethora of internal and external open-source projects.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch and drive it to completion.
- History of working on complex, large-scale distributed systems.
- Curious and excited about how things work under the hood.
- Like to experiment with new technology and aren't afraid to learn from mistakes.
- Sincerely care about what you build, and have close attention to details.
- You are a well-rounded engineer with a strong sense of product and good communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?