Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team.
Postman’s Monitoring team builds and maintains the API Monitoring product and the underlying infrastructure used for Postman Integrations and the cloud-based execution of collections. The automated platform reliably sends out more than 100 million requests every month and the scale is only increasing.
The team operates across multiple timezones and focuses on outcomes, not hours. We strive to learn and grow while we work to deliver a meaningful product to our users. You’ll be joining this team to build the API Monitoring product and scale up the cloud execution platform.
What You'll Do.
- Contribute to the development of products while working with a cross-functional team of other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Quickly build functional prototypes to solve internal and external use-cases.
- Contribute to the planning and development of major user-facing features.
- Perform code reviews.
- Own the design and development of product features, working with and coordinating with teammates where necessary.
- At least 3 years of experience building web applications, with familiarity across the stack and must be intimately familiar with at least one part of the stack. Likely familiar with HTML/CSS and server-side programming languages. It’s a bonus if you’re familiar with IaC as well.
- You’re not limited to working in the browser or the server, and are excited about learning and contributing across the stack. You understand that your responsibility is not to write code, but to work with the team to build an excellent product.
- You’re excited about opening up black boxes and seeing how things work, taking things apart and putting them back together or building entirely new things with them. You let your curiosity and imagination drive you when necessary.
- You’ve built complex web applications through multiple iterations and understand how code and architecture both evolve over time.
- You have empathy for the end users and your teammates (living things in general, really). This reflects in how usable your product is, how you write your code, and how you work with others.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?