Software Engineer - II (Runtime) - Remote
Postman leads the way in the API-first universe. Postman’s API Development Environment is used by 15+ million developers and more than 500,000 companies to access 250+ million APIs every month.
A taste of our scale: We handle over 100+ million requests per day, and store over 10TB of data across our 50+ micro-services, and our desktop app is used by over 15 million users, with over 1M users active every day.
About the Team
This team is responsible for the core request sending engine for the Postman ecosystem – from deciding what the product should look like to actually building and delivering it. Over a million users use the features built by the team daily. We operate in an async-first, distributed environment.
The team works on solving problems ranging from product design to infrastructure. If you think more about building a good product than simply focusing on any one aspect of that process, this is the perfect team for you. Some of the interesting things problems we are working on:
- We enable request sending on the web, cloud.. and desktop!
- Own, maintain and develop the core open source libraries for Postman, eg.
Newman, postman-runtime etc. We have a vibrant community and we actively
participate in open source development.
- Our team recently added websocket support to Postman!
- Currently building the visual programming language for Postman.
- Our backend services are designed for petabyte scale data.
Most importantly, every single feature we ship, impacts and improves lives millions of Developers, Testers, Product Managers, and more.
You will be reporting to one of our Engineering Manager’s while working in this team.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the development of APIs and products while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Quickly build functional prototypes to solve internal and external use-cases.
- Perform code reviews and play a part in guiding team members through their technical growth.
- Work with the EM to design & build systems intended to improve & monitor the observability, reliability, resilience, and quality of the product.
- Design & build any additional internal tooling required to ease the development & maintenance of the product.
- You’re excited about opening up black boxes and seeing how things work, taking things apart and putting them back together or building entirely new things with them. This means you probably have an understanding of compute systems throughout the stack (to varying levels, of course) and aren’t limited to an understanding of React or Express.
- You’ve worked on systems operating at a scale where you may need to craft solution strategies instead of adopting existing ones.
- Prior experience working remote in a distributed team environment is a plus
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?