Sr Product Designer - API Network
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day and we are growing rapidly.
As a result, Postman is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to drive the design process for our API Network which is a critical product for both API consumers and API producers to easily discover, explore, and share APIs. Our mission is to build the largest accessible library of APIs for more than 15 million developers (an ever growing number) to reference.
This Senior Product Designer will work with a small design team that is passionate about bridging the gap between API developers and consumers and providing a seamless API discovery experience. You should be comfortable working closely with super talented Postman engineers while being in touch at all times with the people who use Postman. We understand that the greatest user experiences take several iterations to develop so we are looking for a designer who will enjoy the experimentation and design process as much as we do!
- Own the user experience from ideation to execution while working closely with product manager, engineers, UX researchers and content writers.
- Work with the product manager to strategically define product goals and opportunities, keeping end consumer and business goals in mind.
- Use experiments to analyse user behaviour and use the insights to iteratively design solutions.
- Produce design deliverables consistent with Postman design system and brand standards.
- Continuous social listening through Twitter, Github and Zendesk to better understand how people use Postman.
- You have 5+ years of experience in end-to-end design practices in companies solving interesting real-world pain points.
- Experience working with an experimentally driven product team.
- You have an eye for well-designed, functional products (physical and digital)
- You can visually communicate an idea by creating quick, low fidelity mockups such as pencil sketches.
- You can create high fidelity mockups and prototypes to articulate detailed screen flows and user interactions that need to be developed.
- Good at collaborating across teams and locations, especially remote work across multiple offices and time zones.
- Comfortable using the latest design mockup and prototyping tools. We aren’t rigid about design tools though, so we are open to suggestions always.
- A good understanding of how APIs work and what Postman does is important. It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together.