Staff Software Engineer, (Frontend) Web Foundation
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
The Web Foundation team is responsible for the underlying architecture of the Postman web & desktop clients. We build our own SDKs, tools, services, and infrastructure to help our product teams build great user-interfaces.
We’re looking for an experienced technical leader to lead this charter at Postman. You’ll work closely with the company leadership and our product teams to achieve our mission of creating the next 100M developers in the world.
What You'll Do
- Work with company leadership to define technical strategy and roadmap for how web applications are built at Postman
- Partner with peers in product, design & engineering to understand their needs and pain points and craft better capabilities, guidelines, standards, and tools to make Postman engineers more productive
- Proactively identify areas where our existing infrastructure is failing to scale and/or does not or will not meet our standards for reliability, security, performance, or quality.
- Advocate and influence across teams and functions to level up Postman’s engineering practices
- Mentor early-career and experienced engineers to bring out the best in them and help them succeed at Postman
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Experience building very large single page applications with hundreds of contributors and millions of users across the world
- A strong sense of what excellent web-based experiences look like, how they behave, and how to build them
- Experience collaborating across engineering teams and senior leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- A passion for teaching and making others more productive
- A knack for translating high-level product strategy into a technical roadmap that will support that strategy
- A willingness to get into the unglamorous details of building modern web apps
- Experience building or using design systems based on a component library like React, Vue, web components, etc
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?