Strategic Account Executive - San Francisco
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for driving sales revenue and managing relationships with a set of strategically important named accounts.
As a senior role in our sales team, this position contributes significantly to business and revenue targets by developing and expanding our footprint among our most strategic accounts. This role is a quota-carrying sales position.
This is a unique opportunity to join the sales team at Postman. We are looking for passionate, energetic people to scale our strategic sales motion. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth at the ENT and/or Strategic level
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 13 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
What You’ll Do
- Build a credible funnel for Postman Enterprise adoption within a portfolio of Postman’s most strategic prospects/customers.
- Build strategic relationships with VP and C level contacts within target accounts
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Provide detailed weekly reports on progress.
- Drive an effective land and expand motion to increase Postman’s footprint org wide
- Help educate customers on the value of Postman Enterprise throughout the evaluation and adoption cycle
- Generate short term results whilst maintaining a long term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Collaborate and work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- 8+ years of Account Executive experience selling enterprise solutions
- Relevant experience targeting VPs and C suite executives
- Proven track record at a strategic level
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products a strong plus
- Strong experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, as demonstrated by regularly exceeding sales targets while selling right-fit customers.
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Lots of smiles
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.