Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for driving sales revenue and managing relationships with a set of strategically important named accounts. As a senior role in our sales team, this position contributes significantly to business and revenue targets by developing and expanding our footprint among our most strategic accounts. This role is a quota-carrying sales position.
This is a unique opportunity to join the sales team at Postman. We are looking for passionate, energetic people to scale our strategic sales motion. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth at the ENT and/or Strategic level
How We Operate.
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values, and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
What You'll Do.
- Build a credible funnel for Postman Enterprise adoption within a portfolio of Postman’s most strategic prospects/customers.
- Build strategic relationships with VP and C level contacts within target accounts
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Provide detailed weekly reports on progress.
- Drive an effective land and expand motion to increase Postman’s footprint org wide
- Help educate customers on the value of Postman Enterprise throughout the evaluation and adoption cycle
- Generate short term results whilst maintaining a long term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Collaborate and work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- 8+ years of Account Executive experience selling enterprise solutions
- Relevant experience targeting VPs and C suite executives
- Proven track record at a strategic level
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products
- Strong experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, as demonstrated by regularly exceeding sales targets while selling right-fit customers.
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Lots of smiles
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and we want you to always be on the lookout for awesome talent to help us build out one of the best companies in the world!
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day and with every interaction, to foster a workplace and world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?