The 2023 State of the API survey is open!
Make your voice heard in the world's biggest API survey
Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 23 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
About the Team
In addition to working with a product that customers already know & love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Sales, Customer Success, Developer Relations, & Engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
- Help drive enterprise sales by nurturing prospects & supporting Strategic & Enterprise customers
- Conduct discovery, qualification, technical demos, & proof of value workshops with prospective customers looking to shift to an API-first development culture
- Handle Postman technical questions or objections & provide solutions or workarounds to address customer needs
- Understand deeply our customers workflows today & how they can adopt API-first development best practices
- Share customer feedback with appropriate teams & provide general customer advocacy
- Remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape, current trends, & challenges in the API market
- Create proof of concept integrations, tooling, & workflows as needed to support prospective customers
- Maintain & develop customer sandbox environments & best practices of working with the product
- Act as a technical intermediary between sales & other teams to best fit our customers needs
- 6+ years of enterprise sales/solutions engineering experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or relevant work experience
- Remote work friendly, with ability to travel up to 40%
- Loves teamwork & collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Customer facing experience & comfortable engaging all levels of technologists including individual developers, QA, product, & engineering leaders
- Experience engaging senior management & executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with Strategic customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, & experience with producing & consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies & DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process & common security concerns of cloud services
- Experience executing enterprise sales strategies & sales methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Command of the Message, etc.
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited & willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal & written)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Lots of smiles
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area & the reasonably estimated base salary for this role ranges from $150,000 to $200,000, plus variable compensation & a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, & experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, & a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the Bay Area & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PS: Here's a timeline of Postman’s journey in becoming an API Platform.