Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
We recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know & love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Sales, Customer Success, Developer Relations, & Engineering teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Help drive enterprise sales by nurturing prospects & supporting Strategic & Enterprise customers
- Conduct discovery, qualification, technical demos, & proof of value workshops with prospective customers looking to shift to an API-first development culture
- Handle Postman technical questions or objections & provide solutions or workarounds to address customer needs
- Understand deeply our customers workflows today & how they can adopt API-first development best practices
- Share customer feedback with appropriate teams & provide general customer advocacy
- Remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape, current trends, & challenges in the API market
- Create proof of concept integrations, tooling, & workflows as needed to support prospective customers
- Maintain & develop customer sandbox environments & best practices of working with the product
- Act as a technical intermediary between sales & other teams to best fit our customers needs
- 6+ years of enterprise sales/solutions engineering experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or relevant work experience
- Remote work friendly, with ability to travel up to 40%
- Loves teamwork & collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Customer facing experience & comfortable engaging all levels of technologists including individual developers, QA, product, & engineering leaders
- Experience engaging senior management & executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with Strategic customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, & experience with producing & consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies & DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process & common security concerns of cloud services
- Experience executing enterprise sales strategies & sales methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Command of the Message, etc.
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited & willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal & written)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in San Francisco the reasonably estimated base salary for this role ranges from $150,000 to $220,000, plus variable compensation & a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, & experience. Salaries will vary outside of the Bay Area & the U.S.
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace, and although this role is remote, there will be opportunities for you to meet and collaborate with teammates from around the globe. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, and cool perks. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. Our wellness program offers fitness-related reimbursements, a meal stipend, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.