Student Programs Manager
Postman is the leading API platform with 17 million users across 500K organizations. Growing from a side-project in 2012, Postman today is the standard for API tools across every company and development team.
We believe that promoting API Literacy is essential to the future of software development which motivated us to create Postman Student Programs. Over the last 12 months, we’ve built a global student and educator community through our 3 programs: Student Expert, Student Leader and Classroom Program. Our inaugural Postman Student Summit had over 6 thousand registrations and incredible feedback from both students and educators.
We are looking for a Student Programs Manager to partner with our Director of Special Initiatives and help us scale the program and team to reach 10x the students and educators. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team to grow the student/educator community, create/improve API curriculum and build automation/internal tooling to scale current processes.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience in Software Development/APIs, Education and Program Management.
- Create roadmap and OKRs for Postman Student Programs keeping the API Literacy mission in mind
- Manage and grow a team focused on 3 areas: acquisition/community management, curriculum and tooling/infrastructure
- Design a strategy to foster existing student and education relationships and acquire new ones
- Find areas to improve existing curriculum for Student Expert Program and Classroom Program
- Automate existing processes/tooling like Badge awarding and create new internal tooling to move off existing MVP stack like Google Sheets
- Builds strong partnerships across other functions like marketing, engineering etc.
- Maintain a collaborative, data-driven and execution focused team culture
- Form new partnerships with Universities, Bootcamps, Schools etc. and grow existing ones
- Recruit, onboard, and manage relationships with appropriate contractors and vendors
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of Postman products and APIs
- Passionate about the future of software development and helping students/educators
- Has a track record of executing programs while being able to make tradeoffs between technical debt, business outcomes and student/educator needs
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities, ideally student developer communities
- Combination of a leader + teacher + hacker
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and we want you to always be on the lookout for awesome talent to help us build out one of the best companies in the world!