Technical Lead - Bangalore
Postman leads the way in the API-first universe. Postman’s API Development Environment is used by 10+ million developers and more than 500k companies to access 250 million APIs every month.
We are looking for Software Engineers to build out features, design and implement APIs, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
About the Team
We build, measure, and improve our features to ensure a seamless experience for our users across the Postman ecosystem. Our engineering teams work across multiple products and services that deliver end-to-end experiences to our users. Our microservices are written in Node.js, MySQL and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform. Most of our front-end stack is based on React.JS.
A taste of our scale: We handle over 100+ million requests per day, and store over 10TB of data across our 30+ microservices, and our desktop app is used by over 6 million users, with over 600,000 users active every day.
This position reports to one of our Engineering Managers.
- Contribute to the development of APIs and products while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineer
- Quickly build functional prototypes to solve internal and external use-cases
- Contribute to the multitude of open-source libraries from Postman
- Contributing to the product directly through Postman desktop application
- Perform Peer Code Reviews
- You're passionate about working with different tools and technologies to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- You write testable, maintainable code that’s easy to understand.
- You are a good communicator who can explain technical concepts to product managers, designers, support and other engineers.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 100 ft road, Indiranagar in Bangalore. You will enjoy our incredible perks: home-cooked meals, snacks, game room, flexible hours, ergonomic workstations and cuddles from our endearing Chief Happiness Officer, Cooper. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world.