Technical Lead - Backend, Web Platform - Remote
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Postman is one of the most widely used Electron.js applications in the world. In our pursuit of an outstanding desktop experience, we are taking the web-based desktop application paradigm to a whole new level. We are a tight-knit ambitious team that is creating a cross-platform (web and desktop electron) framework to offer deeper system integration, advanced networking capabilities, and increased runtime performance.
We’re looking for an experienced lead software engineer to lead the development of Client Platform projects at Postman. You’ll work closely with the other lead engineers, company senior managers, and our product and design teams to achieve our mission of creating the next 100M developers in the world. A taste of what we do:
- 700k+ daily active users
- 200+ million requests per day spread across 30+ microservices
- Resting around 20 TB of data
- Ingesting around 2TB of monthly internal service logs
- 200k+ peak concurrent web socket connections
What you’ll do
- Lead development efforts in a team of diverse engineers spread across remote locations and our engineering hubs in Bangalore & San Francisco
- Build and maintain microservices while working with a cross-functional team of Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers
- Participate in all stages of the development life cycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Manage and own the roadmap and SLAs for our team’s microservices
- On-board, mentor and off-board developers; Perform code reviews and play a part in guiding team members through their technical growth
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to build cloud competencies
- Manage Mocks, Docs, Monitors, Integration and Contract Tests using Postman
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale web application
- 2+ years of experience designing and maintaining platform or foundational services used by other developers
- You’ve experience with high level programming languages - e.g. Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go. We code primarily in Node.js.
- Experience in improving performance, security and reliability for large scale single-page applications
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms, databases, networking and distributed systems.
- You’re resourceful a our AWS infrastructure
- You are a good communicator who can explain technical concepts to other engineers and stakeholders
- You have curiosity about how things work.
Nice to have one or more of the following
- Experience working in remote-first teams
- AWS certifications are a plus
- Experience designing web distribution layer for large-scale single-page web applications
- Experience designing server-side rendering services and SEO infrastructure
- Experience building databases with highly scalable architectures
- Experience managing infrastructure at scale - DNS routers, CDNs, load balancers, firewalls and other compute, storage & network services
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?