Technical Lead, (Frontend) Labs - Remote
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Within the Postman Labs team, we work together to bring forth rapid ideation and iteration of new products and strategies. The core motto of the teams within Postman Labs is frugality and agility – using whatever and however, that is available to chip away at the outcomes at breakneck speed.
What You'll Do
- Head one or more Labs Team / Initiative
- Mentor new lab team and upcoming new lab team’s lead
- Mentor people belonging to one’s matching function (engineering, design, security) across all labs teams.
- Assist head of labs to hire and build labs teams (ones assigned as well as new upcoming ones.)
- Assist transitioning Labs teams out of Labs either with oneself in it or by hiring/succession to match non-lab posture
- Be part of driving solution for many problems (matching domain) across multiple labs teams
- Ability to build a feature from scratch and drive it to completion.
- Have built something that involved the full-stack of software product development and have had real users use the same.
- Curious and excited about how things work under the hood.
- Like to experiment with new technology and aren't afraid to learn from mistakes.
- Sincerely care about what you build, and have close attention to details.
- You are a well-rounded engineer with a strong sense of product and good communication skills.
- Experience and Excitement towards working with global, distributed teams
- Alignment with our Values
- Lots of smiles
Nice to Have
- You are an active contributor to open-source projects (and/or) have an excellent understanding of version control and coding practices.
- Good understanding of operating systems, networking, and standard protocols in general.
- Have an in-depth understanding of either object-oriented, functional, or scripting languages.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?