Technical Lead, Growth Engineering
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About The Team
The Growth Organization is newly formed at Postman & focuses on driving self-serve revenue through rapid experimentation and data-driven decision making. The Growth Org’s Squads collaborate heavily to improve new user & team experiences by minimizing friction around onboarding, activation, conversion, & expansion. Now, Postman is looking for a Technical Lead, Growth Engineering, to drive the technical strategy and implementation of A/B/n and multivariate experiments on the Postman application using a full-stack experimentation framework. In order to be successful in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment, this Growth Engineering Lead will need to have strong experience building features & experiments within a Product Led Growth company.
As one of the founding engineering leaders within Postman’s Growth Organization, you will partner with our Director of Growth Engineering & Head of Growth to help establish our growth and experimentation processes & help scale cross-functional squads for each focus area of our core growth loop. This position will directly impact millions of users, so if you want to be a part of something big, this one’s for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead technical strategy and implementation of A/B/n and multivariate experiments on the Postman application
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, & analytics on experiments related to user onboarding, activation, conversion to paid, and license expansion
- Responsible for Feature Management (i.e. Feature Flags / Feature Toggles) within LaunchDarkly
- Implementing A/B and multivariate experiments using a full-stack experimentation framework.
- Instrument code to fire analytics events for product-interactions by using SDKs for popular Product Analytics tool such as Mixpanel, Segment, Amplitude, Heap, GetAnalytics.io, etc
- Experience leading a growth engineering for a Product Led Growth team
- Solid background building and managing scalable microservice architectures for a SaaS product
- Solid understanding of Growth principles such as acquisition loops, engagement/habit loops, retention, “Aha moment,” activation, onboarding
- You have an "explorer" mindset and love ideating and building provisional solutions and rapid prototypes in order to test ideas quickly
- Experiment Design - you have a good intuition around different tradeoffs when designing product experiments
- Experiment Debugging - you have experience testing whether an experiment is tracking properly in production before ramping traffic
Nice to Have:
- Being an active user of Postman
- Previous experience in a SaaS company with large scale
- Data analysis - you can write SQL not only to read / write application data, but also understand product usage and trends
- Data visualization - you can build reports & have experience with Product Analytics tools such as Mixpanel or Amplitude
- Experiment Analysis - you understand basic stats for sample size calculation & statistical significance
What Else? (Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, an informal and fun working environment, and provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, and we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?