We're looking for a Technical Lead to drive strategic initiatives to make Postman’s products and systems antifragile.
In this role you will be charged with building the next-generation services and infrastructure that continuously enables engineers to ship with ever-increasing confidence and speed. We operate as a “startup within a startup” model with a broad scope of ownership and autonomy to create and enable a culture of operational excellence throughout the organization.
In Your Day to Day, You Will...
- Collaborate on architecture/design and lead implementation on complex systems in a manner that is usable and maintainable by other engineers
- Design and build distributed services and tools that greatly increase developer productivity and application quality
- Provide technical leadership, support, and mentoring of team members and other engineers in the company
- Proactively work to remove, prevent and predict technical impediments to delivery
- BS or MS in CS, EE or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience building developer tools that improve developer velocity, code quality, and code health (e.g. compilers, automated releases, code design and testing, infrastructure, monitoring)
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals and distributed systems architecture
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale build tools within a monorepo context (e.g. Docker, Bazel, Yarn, TurboRepo, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with libraries in the modern web build toolchain such as Webpack, esbuild, Babel, Mocha, Jest, Testing library
- Experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation
- A strong ability to mentor others, helping them improve their skills as software engineers
- Effectively articulate any technical challenges and undefined problems, translate complex and abstract ideas using data to a diverse range of stakeholders
Bonus Points for
- Experience building solutions for continuous integration and delivery, using tools like CircleCI, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipeline, Newrelic etc.
- Deep experience in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience in contributing features and fixes back to open source software, or creating and promoting your own open source tools
- Technical journaling and community contributions
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?