Technical Support Engineer - Americas - San Francisco
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We are looking for a technical support engineer to join our team supporting our 15+ million-strong user base.
What You’ll Do
- Becoming a technical expert on the Postman platform
- Taking ownership of customer reported issues and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues
- Working with engineering, product, and customer teams to ensure speedy resolution
- Streamline process, run experiments, build/maintain internal tools, build proofs-of-concepts for users
- Contributing to our FAQs, which serve as our customer’s knowledge base
- Interacting with Postman's developer community of 15 million+ via our support channels, our public Github issue tracker and the community
- Achieving key metrics around CSAT, responsiveness, and # of iterations to a successful resolution
If you’re worried about not checking off all of the boxes but are interested, don’t hesitate to apply. We have many folks on our teams that come from non customer-facing backgrounds.
Minimum 2+ years of experience doing technical product support for a modern / SaaS product
Familiarity with API Development / SaaS products a big plus
Excellent client-facing skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Very comfortable with technical concepts, great analytical skills, and can explain how Postman works to a range of audiences
Familiarity with software products in general, basics of networking, fundamentals of REST APIs, and how the web works
Able to work asynchronously with a globally-distributed team
Familiarity with support platforms, Jira, Github, and Confluence are positives.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?