UX Design Strategist
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Postman is seeking a UX Design Strategist to join our UX Strategy team. As a UX Design Strategist, you’ll be involved with multiple initiatives leading discovery and developing higher concept designs across our digital properties. You’ll gather necessary research in collaboration with Research teams, Postman stakeholders, and leadership to contribute to information architecture, workflows, wireframes, content strategy, style guide contributions, and more. As a self-starter, you’ll learn and maintain an understanding of the Postman platform and about APIs in general. You’ll be an advocate for UX Strategy and continually give examples of why mistakes aren't to be feared, just made as early and inexpensively as possible for the best experiences.
- Analyze and synthesize audits, research reports, analytics and other inputs and translate the insights into clear, high quality design recommendations
- Partner with Research, Customer Success, Marketing, Education, and Product teams to understand and best represent Postman’s goals for superior user experience
- Review and offer design suggestions throughout project lifecycles from a user-centered design perspective
- Build and maintain a library of design artifacts across Postman digital properties, including information architectures, workflows, wireframes
- Be a consistent user advocate as you make make informed, data-backed design recommendations for superior interactions
- Incorporate interactive design into to ensure primary, alternate and exception flows are accounted for
- Develop and maintain a set of UX measures to show ongoing improvement of UX baseline measures based on design recommendations
- Contribute to building the Design Strategy function for Postman and provide input on continual team growth
- Partner with Content and other teams to perform and maintain audits and evaluations for content mapping and quality based on personas, journeys and user flows
- Help the UX Strategy team build and maintain Postman archetypes, personas, journeys and other experience strategy tools that help us understand our audience, motivations and needs for services
- Deliver high quality workflows and designs that incorporate accurate interactions
- Work with the Research team for early and rapid testing of design concepts when needed
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in UX Design Strategy, UX Design, UX Strategy
- Experience presenting concepts and designs across teams that consist of everyone from team collaborators to company management
- Strong understanding and advocacy of how UX Strategy positively impacts overall user experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning technology
- Experience working with design teams and collaborating on wireframes and prototypes
- A strong portfolio of UX Design Strategy work
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.