Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
As a UX Researcher, you’ll help define and grow Postman’s UX Research practice as a vital part of the product. You’ll work across research, design, and development teams to support a rapid-release environment while keeping longer-term research goals in mind. You’ll design and manage numerous surveys and polls as independent research and as part of our in-app research experience to ensure Postman is continually delivering highly usable, valuable, and accessible experiences. We’re looking for someone who fully understands the power and accountability of quantitative data as a tool to improve interactions. You should understand how to optimize research methods to get the most valuable, accountable results and understand the intricate science of question and survey design. If this sounds like you, you’ll enjoy being part of a growing team developing a world-class research practice, while playing a major role in delivering an advanced product to our tens of millions of users.
- Define and deliver surveys, polls, and other quantitative-based research methods to help inform Postman design and product management process
- Organize, communicate, and maintain research requests and schedules in a multi-team environment
- Determine key baseline measures for UX, satisfaction, and usability. Develop research around these measures for ongoing reporting and baselines
- Own, analyze, and report on research findings and share insights across Research and Postman teams
- Develop and distribute regular research reports and insights
- Socialize and collaborate with multiple teams to share larger research findings
- Based on the review of results and data analysis, make recommendations for further research studies and larger questions for the Research team to explore
- Based on your expertise, mentor Research and the Postman team at large
- Design well-formed, effective questions that limit unconscious bias and optimize valid and usable results
- 6+ years UX Research specializing in quantitative research
- Exhibit strong self-direction, high curiosity, proactive leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a longer-term research strategy
- Work with specific product squads to develop subject matter expertise and plan ahead to anticipate research needs
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Experience with team collaboration, product management, and support processes (JIRA and Confluence helpful)
- Expertise with advanced survey tools (such as Qualtrics, Sprig, others)
- Advanced experience in multiple and mixed methods of research including but not limited to numerous interviews surveys, polls, in-app surveys, and log file analysis
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields such as information architecture, human factors/HCI, psychology, cognitive sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.