The Collaboration Platform for API Development
Build connected software for the API-first world with Postman.Download the App
Simplify API Development with Postman
Postman makes API development easy. We provide all the tools you need to manage every stage of the API lifecycle on our simple UI. You can design and mock, debug, test, document, monitor, and publish your APIs - all from one place.
Design APIs in Postman
- Organize your workflow around your API with Postman’s new API features.
- Design APIs with support for common schemas - OpenAPI, RAML, and Swagger.
- Manage all of your organization’s APIs in Postman, maintaining a single source of truth.
- Maintain multiple API versions, with Postman’s version control and tagging.
Personal and Team Workspaces
- Organize collections and folders into personal or team workspaces.
- Stay organized and maintain a single source of truth throughout the entire API lifecycle.
- Collaborate in real time across shared workspaces and collections.
Packed with Features
- Define: Create a single source of truth for your APIs with common schemas and versioning tools.
- Develop: Add elements like mock servers, documentation, and environments to your APIs.
- Test: Create test suites for performance and behavior, integration tests, or contract tests.
- Observe: Check your API’s performance, behavior, and response time at specified intervals.
- Monitor API uptime, responsiveness, and correctness.
- Set monitors to run as frequently as you need.
- Gain insights with detailed reports of monitoring results.
- Set up monitors to test your APIs from geographical regions across the world.
- Use Newman, The Postman command line tool, to set up a CI/CD pipeline or integrate Postman into your existing CI service (ie. Jenkins, Travis, GitLab,etc.).
- Use comprehensive API testing tools to easily set up automated tests.
- Build integration test suites and workflows that mirror your actual API use cases.
- Create a mock server to simulate endpoints and their corresponding response or mock an entire API.
- Save mock request responses as examples to use again.
- Simulate a backend service and allow split-stack development.
- Programmatically access your Postman Collections directly from the Postman API.
- The Postman API has multiple endpoints to add and update collections, update environments, and add and run monitors.
- Easily integrate Postman with the rest of your development workflow.
Most everybody knows Postman as an HTTP clientt. In this 4-minute video, you'll get an introduction to Postman by making requests and inspecting the response.
Learn how to send your first request. This page gives you all the resources you need to make your first API call and much more.
Postman helps with every stage of the API lifecycle. Discover what Postman can do with the blogs, docs, and video resources listed on this page.