Design and Prototype an API in Postman
Aired: Wednesday, August 18, 8:00 a.m. (PDT)
This one-hour Postman training is geared specifically for API producers. In this session, you'll learn how to build higher-quality APIs, speed up API development, and increase API adoption.
We’ll cover these topics:
- What is an “API-first” approach?
- Making API elements shareable and collaborative
- Creating, editing, and importing API schemas
- Generating and validating API elements against your API schema
- Versioning APIs and using version control for API elements
- Syncing your API schemas with GitHub
- Create a Postman account, and then sign in.
- Download and install the Postman desktop agent, which will enable you to use the web version of Postman that we use in Postman Intergalactic sessions.
- Create a GitHub account. This is optional, but you may want a GitHub account if you’re planning to follow along with the session.