API Publishers Series, Part 2: Increase Adoption of Your Public API
Aired: Wednesday, October 20, 8:00 a.m. (PDT)
Join us for a one-hour, intermediate-level Postman learning session geared specifically for API publishers. Now that you have a workspace to showcase your public API from the API Publishers Series, Part 1: Introduction to Documentation session, part 2 will walk you through the next steps to increase adoption and community engagement with your API.
Here’s what we’ll do in this session:
- Explain the different types of API documentation (e.g. reference, workflows, guides)
- Explain how Postman supports these various types of documentation
- Optimize time to first call (TTFC) with interactive API documentation
- Identify marketing tactics for increasing community engagement with your API
- Build awareness and adoption of your public API
- Keep collections DRY and secure using variables
- Discuss other advanced productivity tips
- Create a Postman account, and then sign in.
- Download and install the Postman desktop agent, which will enable you to use the web version of Postman that we use in Space Camp sessions.
- General knowledge of Postman documentation and workspaces as covered in API Publishers Series, Part 1: Introduction to Documentation.
Senior Developer Advocate
Technical Enablement Architect