"Introduction to the Postman API Network"
The Postman API Network is an easy-to-use directory that gives you a simpler way to discover, explore, and share APIs. In this session, Postman’s Nick Tran and Joyce Lin will give you a 360-degree view of everything the Postman API Network can do for you, and how you can take advantage of it all.
The webinar agenda includes:
- An overview of the Postman API Network, which comprises both a public network and a private network
- How to leverage the Postman Public API Network as an API producer and/or an API consumer
- How you and your team can leverage the Postman Private API Network
- A sneak peek at what’s coming on the Postman API Network roadmap
Aired: Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020
Postman Version: 7.30.1
VP, Marketing and Developer Relations
Lead Developer Advocate
What’s the difference between Postman’s Private and Public API Network?
- The Postman Public API Network is open to the entire, global API community. Any API collections or templates you share here are available to everyone on the web.
- The Postman Private API Network is for your team only. Any APIs you share here are available to your entire team. The Private API Network acts as a single source of truth for APIs between producers and consumers on your team.
What is the difference between APIs and templates?
Can a private API be shared with a vendor outside of my company?
What’s the most compelling reason to post APIs on the Postman API Network?
How can I access Postman API Network from the app?
How can I publish APIs on the Postman API Network?
Is the Private API Network available on Postman’s free plan, or only on the paid plans?
Where can I learn more about Postman features?
Are there additional access controls available beyond individual-user roles and permissions?
What would you suggest for a single source of truth for documenting legacy APIs (SOAP and REST) that may not include documentation or good comments in the code?