Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 30 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today, and we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
About the Team:
At Postman, the Collections team stands as a pivotal pillar within our product engineering domain, seamlessly facilitating optimal functionality across the entire organization. Revered as a de-facto standard for API artifacts within the developer community, Postman collections don’t just stop there. Our team diligently oversees every aspect related to collections, embracing an array of functionalities including - but not limited to - documentation, forking, watching, merging, and mocking.
Your journey with us won’t just be about managing data but steering through massive data volumes with robust systems, ensuring every user enjoys a seamless and delightful experience. As we cater to over 5 million active monthly users, we delve into intricacies and navigate through challenges, crafting solutions that escalate our scalability and enhance our product's complexity. Dive into our recent blog post to explore how we untangled our storage challenges, crafting a narrative of problem-solving and innovation.
We don’t just manage collections; we create experiences, ensuring that every interaction is smooth, every functionality is intuitive, and every user finds value. Come be a part of our journey and define the future of APIs with us!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and test product modules.
- Participate and (or) lead design reviews with your peer group and design review groups.
- Perform code reviews and ensure best practices are followed (Styling, Exception handling, Performance, Testing etc).
- Keep close track of the issues in the product, prioritize them and get to the root cause of them by debugging across layers of the stack and resolving them.
- Lead technical initiatives to solve ambiguous problems keeping customers in mind.
- Design scalable solutions for validated ideas while keeping systems constraints in check.
- Mentor early-career engineers to bring out the best in them and help them succeed at Postman.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience developing software in one or more programming languages.
- 2 years of experience building products (Development, Testing, Maintenance).
- 1 year of experience with S/W design.
- You're eager to dive deep, working across the stack.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills and experience collaborating across engineering teams.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
This position requires you to be present in our Bangalore office on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.