Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 30 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team:
The Automation Testing team builds and maintains multiple product lines which enable users to manually and automatically test their APIs and execute workflows. If you’ve used Postman and are familiar with Scheduled Collection Runs, Monitors, the Collection Runner, Postman CLI, or newman, then you're already familiar with some of the products this team works on! Building such a variety of products means the team is capable of thinking on their feet, learning new things quickly, and balancing competing priorities.
The Postman Monitors and Scheduled Collection Runs cloud platform sends more than 100 million requests every month. That’s a sustained ~37 RPS, without missing a beat! The underlying database manages over 100 terabytes of data, and uses managed infrastructure to send requests from regions across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on multiple products which execute complex workflows on behalf of users – either via a manual trigger like with the Collection Runner or some sort of machine trigger like with Monitors. These products generate a large amount of data, and you’ll be responsible for working with the team to build features which help users leverage this data to make meaningful decisions.
- Work with the rest of the team to design and build data processing systems to ingest, store, process, and deliver this data to users.
- Consistently deliver high-quality products, from design to implementation to release with high-level guidance from manager and teammates, while working with a cross-functional team of other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Decompose business and product scenarios into technical and architectural solutions. Build modular, easy to maintain and reliable software.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve systems and processes. Leverage code reviews as an opportunity to elevate the whole team.
- Able to navigate complex and ambiguous situations with their team and contribute to a positive sense of community on the team.
- At least 4 years of experience building data intensive applications, ideally applications which involve analytical processing.
- You’re not limited to working in the browser or the server, and are excited about learning and contributing across the stack.
- You understand that while your primary responsibility is to design, build, and maintain software applications, you do so within the context of building an excellent product with a team.
- You’re excited about opening up black boxes and seeing how things work, taking things apart and putting them back together or building entirely new things with them. You let your curiosity and imagination drive you when necessary.
- You have empathy for the end users and your teammates (living things in general, really). This reflects in how usable your product is, how you write your code, and how you work with others.
Note: This is a hybrid position based in Bangalore.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. This position requires you to be present in our Bangalore office on Mondays,Wednesdays & Fridays.