DMCA Takedown Policy
Effective starting November 19, 2020
We take the intellectual property rights of others seriously and require that our customers and their authorized users do the same. The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), established a process for addressing claims of copyright infringement that we have implemented for the Postman services. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law.
Our form of notice set forth below is consistent with the form suggested by the DMCA statute, which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office's official website: https://www.copyright.gov.
If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through the Postman services, please send a written notice ("DMCA Notice") to our copyright agent that includes all of the items below and we will expeditiously take appropriate action:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled and the URL or other location of that material;
- Your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)";
- The following statement: "The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed"; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
How to Submit Your Complaint
The fastest way to get a response is to provide all required information listed above by email notification to our designated copyright agent via firstname.lastname@example.org. You may include an attachment if you like, but please also include a plain-text version of your letter in the body of your message.
If you must send your notice by physical mail, you can do that too, but it will take far longer for us to receive and respond to it. Notices we receive via plain-text email have a much faster turnaround than PDF attachments or physical mail. If you still wish to mail us your notice, our physical address is:
55 2nd Street, Suite 300,
San Francisco, CA 94105
Important - Please Note
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
If you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
We may, in appropriate circumstances, disable or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers.
This process does not limit our ability to pursue any other remedies we may have to address suspected infringement.
Any user affected by your takedown notice may decide to submit a counter notice. If they do, we will re-enable their content within 10-14 days unless you notify us that you have initiated a legal action seeking to restrain the user from engaging in infringing activity relating to the content on Postman.
Postman exercises little discretion in the process other than determining whether the notices meet the minimum requirements of the DMCA. It is up to the parties (and their lawyers) to evaluate the merit of their claims, bearing in mind that notices must be made under penalty of perjury.
This DMCA Takedown Policy is provided so as to comply with provisions of the DMCA and other applicable laws as are relevant to Postman; it is not intended and may not be taken as, or relied upon in any way as, legal advice. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the requirements of the DMCA and other applicable laws, or to consult an attorney, before providing any notification or counter notification of any kind to us.