Postman Events: Code of Conduct
Postman is committed to being inclusive, period. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion. Seriously, we mean everybody.
This document is a code of conduct which outlines our expectations for all Postman event attendees with regard to the commitment stated above, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
The following behaviors are expected and required of all attendees:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech
- Wear your identification badge or name tag at all times
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable at any Postman event:
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Unwelcome sexual attention—this includes sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes, commentary, and language
- Displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Sustained disruption of the event
- Sharing your identification badge or name tag with other individuals
- Damaging any event venue property or Postman digital property
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any attendee, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If an attendee engages in unacceptable behavior, Postman representatives may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the event and/or future events without warning and, if appropriate, involvement of local law enforcement.