Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture & our vision at Postman.
About the Team
The Account Development Representative will have the responsibility of uncovering business needs for Strategic & Enterprise Accounts to build a pipeline for the sales organization. The ADR will collaborate with marketing, sales enablement, & management to create campaigns & prospect to develop to the point of handoff for Sales. An implicit responsibility of the ADR is to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that creates a superior customer/prospect experience to set the stage for future product sales for Postman.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Account Development Manager & cross functional teams to create strategic targets to identify & generate new & expansion business opportunities
- Meet or exceed strategic goals & committed targets by engaging with qualified leads & enabling the next step in the sales cycle
- With consultative engagement you will qualify opportunities by understanding business challenges while also educating them on the value of our product
- Complete detailed research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts & critical account information
- Identify & target strategic new prospects that would accelerate territory growth
- Select & engage with prospects that are identified through marketing efforts
- Become an expert in sales prospecting platforms & tools
- Use identified customer challenges to prescribe relevant campaigns & events to drive engagement
- Develop superior customer service relationships with prospects.
- Self audit activity to ensure accuracy & to enable improvement
- Proactively learn Postman’s product, competitive products, & market knowledge via website, online webinars, & other marketing information.
- Update lead status & all prospect interaction in CRM application daily
- Become an expert with sales enablement tools
- 1‐2 years’ experience in business development, sales or related field.
- Experience with lead qualification at all levels within organizations –developers, managers, directors, VPs, executives is a plus.
- Fluent in French.
- Energy and Creativity. Ability to work in a high energy, fast‐paced sales environment. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work.
- Tools. Proficient with standard productivity tools.
- You are a Recruiter! Postman hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- Lots of smiles!
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary & benefits, & a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, & a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent & fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, & we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies & practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences & identities while treating each person with fairness & dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day & with every interaction, to foster a workplace & world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, & more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?