Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 30 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
As Community Program Manager on the Developer Relations team, you'll lead the growth and nurturing of Postman’s developer community through several key strategic initiatives.
You'll have the opportunity to re-imagine the Postman Supernovas program at massive scale, designed to recognize key community contributors and empower them to lead within the community, helping other developers on their Postman journey by organizing and running meetups, sharing their knowledge at workshops and at online and offline events and via online communities.
In addition, you will lead and evolve our influencer program, developing data and insight-fueled strategies to tap into the power of influencers impacting how developers think about, adopt and leverage the power of the Postman API Platform.
You'll also work to define and run future programs by leading thoughtful planning and flawless execution of developer community programs, driving measurable impact to our business
This is a cross-cutting role that interfaces with our developer relations, product, and marketing teams. As such, our ideal candidate has a wide range of skills and is able to speak the language of software developers, marketers, and product managers, act as a representative of the company in community discussion forums and events, participating in conversations and driving engagement around our product.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the growth and nurturing of Postman’s developer community through strategic initiatives to drive measurable business impact.
- Re-imagine and scale the Postman Supernovas program to recognize and empower community contributors to and run meetups, workshops, and online/offline events to help developers on their Postman journey..
- Manage the influencer program, developing data-driven strategies to leverage influencers' impact on Postman API adoption.
- Define and run future community programs in collaboration with developer relations, product, and marketing teams.
- Possess a broad skill set and the ability to communicate effectively with software developers, marketers, and product managers.
- Represent the company in various community discussion forums and events to drive engagement around the product.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience (8-10 years) in creating and managing scalable developer community programs and communities
- Strategic Thinking: Possess strong strategic thinking and analytical skills to develop and implement plans that align with business goals. Ability to leverage data and insights to drive decision-making and optimize initiatives.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. Ability to represent the company at industry events and engage with stakeholders confidently.
- Data Driven: Using data and insights to design, drive and deliver world-class programs that contribute to significant developer engagement and community growth.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the greater San Francisco Bay area, and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $145,625.00 - $198,375.00, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.