Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. The Postman API Platform’s features simplify each step of the API lifecycle so that individuals and enterprises can create better APIs—faster. More than 30 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Together, we are building the API-first world.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly. We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know and love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Sales, Customer Success, Developer Relations, and Engineering teams.
What You'll Do
- Help drive enterprise sales by nurturing prospects and supporting our customers
- Conduct discovery, qualification, technical demos, and proof of value workshops with prospective customers looking to shift to an API-first development culture
- Handle Postman technical questions or objections and provide solutions or workarounds to address customer needs
- Understand deeply our customers workflows today and how they can adopt API-first development best practices
- Share customer feedback with appropriate teams and provide general customer advocacy
- Remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape, current trends, and challenges in the API market
- Create proof of concept integrations, tooling, and workflows as needed to support prospective customers
- Maintain and develop customer sandbox environments and best practices of working with the product
- Act as a technical intermediary between sales and other teams to best fit our customers needs
- 1-3 years of enterprise sales/solutions engineering experience / technical consulting, or customer-facing software development
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Remote work friendly, with ability to travel
- Loves teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Customer facing experience and comfortable engaging all levels of technologists including individual developers, QA, product, and engineering leaders
- Experience engaging senior management and executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with Strategic customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process and common security concerns of cloud services
- Experience executing enterprise sales strategies and sales methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Command of the Message, etc.
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We believe in a hybrid workplace, and although this role is remote, there will be opportunities for you to meet and collaborate with teammates from around the globe. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, and cool perks. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. Our wellness program offers fitness-related reimbursements, a meal stipend, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
And we want you to be part of it all.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records where directed under applicable law, such as pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join API leaders and Postman experts from around the globe at POST/CON 24. Gain new skills through hands-on workshops, in-depth presentations, and conversations about the future of software in an API-first world.