Who Are We?
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. After receiving Series D funding in 2021 & releasing our biggest & best version ever of Postman in September 2022, we continue to strive humbly towards our mission of 100 million connected developers & serving companies as they seek to innovate in an API-first world.
About the Team.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know and love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Sales, Customer Success, Developer Relations, and Engineering teams.
What You'll Do
- Help drive corporate sales by nurturing prospects and supporting Corporate customers
- Conduct discovery, qualification, technical demos, and proof of value workshops with prospective customers looking to shift to an API-first development culture
- Handle Postman technical questions or objections and provide solutions or workarounds to address customer needs
- Understand deeply our customers workflows today and how they can adopt API-first development best practices
- Share customer feedback with appropriate teams and provide general customer advocacy
- Remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape, current trends, and challenges in the API market
- Create proof of concept integrations, tooling, and workflows as needed to support prospective customers
- Maintain and develop customer sandbox environments and best practices of working with the product
- Act as a technical intermediary between sales and other teams to best fit our customers needs
- 1+ years of corporate sales/solutions engineering experience required
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Customer-facing experience and comfortable engaging all levels of technologists including individual developers, QA, product, and engineering leaders
- Experience engaging senior management and executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with Corporate customers
- Strong understanding of APIs, and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process and common security concerns of cloud services
- Experience executing enterprise sales strategies and sales methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Command of the Message, etc.
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Loves teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Remote work friendly, with the ability to travel
- Lots of smiles
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This is a remote role based in the United States & the reasonably estimated OTE for this role ranges from $140,000 to $180,000 & a competitive equity package, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. Inclusion is the choice we make each day and with every interaction, to foster a workplace and world where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel. We understand that together, we succeed better.
Postman is unapologetically committed to Equal Opportunity Employment. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?