Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
We recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
Postman Live Insights is designed to guide developers, regardless of their familiarity with the monitored system or the Postman API Platform, towards efficiently identifying and resolving issues. Our aim is for developers to pinpoint problematic API endpoints within 30 minutes of account creation, enabling even newcomers to address issues as seamlessly as making an API call.
Our recent efforts have culminated in the alpha release of Live Insights, introducing the Live Collections Agent. This tool monitors API traffic, auto-populating a Postman collection with detected endpoints. Within 15 minutes of its deployment, users can witness updated endpoints in their collection, which the agent continually refreshes based on observed traffic.
While API discovery is our current focus, we're expanding our offerings. Soon, users will be able to navigate auto-updated API endpoints based on error, latency, and volume metrics. Over the coming months, we'll collaborate with early adopters to optimize the presentation of this data.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and optimize frontend systems to enhance the user interface and overall user experience.
- Collaborate closely with backend teams to ensure frontend considerations are integrated into backend design and architecture decisions.
- Prototype and iterate with alpha users on a weekly basis, ensuring rapid feedback incorporation.
- Work in tandem with the product lead and designer to devise well-scoped frontend projects that align with user objectives.
- Drive the developer experience, ensuring it remains a pivotal aspect of our roadmap.
- Possess strong implementation skills, with the ability to produce vast amounts of functional code.
- Thrive in a scrappy environment, always eager to determine the most efficient way to develop the next feature.
- Have a keen product sense, deeply understanding user needs and collaborating effectively with product and design teams.
- Move at a rapid pace, excited about the prospect of weekly iterations with alpha users.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, especially as a remote-first team member and the sole frontend specialist.
- Experience working with data-heavy frontends is strongly preferred. Our product displays a lot of data and we want to provide the best possible developer experience.
- Ideally, you have a major overlap with Pacific Time.
- 5+ years of experience would be a plus
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
If the role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $181,050 to $244,950, plus a competitive equity package. Salary ranges can differ outside of the San Francisco Bay Area and the U.S. and can be requested at any time in the process. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.