With Postman Live Insights, our vision is to help guide a developer with little previous experience—in both the system being monitored and the Postman API Platform—to productively find and fix issues. Our goal is to be able to help any developer locate API endpoints causing potential issues within 30 minutes of signing up for an account. This will empower even a new developer to find and fix issues in their first days on the job, as easily as they can call an API today.
We’ve been working towards the early access launch of Live Insights. Today, the alpha launch focuses on the Live Collections Agent, which passively watches your API traffic to automatically populate a Postman collection with API endpoints. Within just 15 minutes of installing the Live Collections Agent in staging or production, you’ll start seeing endpoints show up in your collection. The Live Collections Agent will keep these endpoints up to date based on new observed traffic.
API discovery is just the beginning of what we hope to offer. Coming soon: the ability to explore automatically updated API endpoints based on error, latency, and volume. In the next months, we’re planning to work with our early users to figure out how to surface this information in the most helpful ways.
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
What You’ll Do:
To deliver our intended developer experience, we’ll need to iterate with our entire team on the early product. We’re looking for an experienced engineering manager who is excited about building and running a 0-to-1 team to help developers better understand their own systems.
- Lead a highly diverse engineering team to build a new kind of developer tool
- Work with product and design to develop and execute on engineering roadmaps
- Collaborate on engineering processes to streamline the speed of iteration during the alpha and beta phases of Live Insights
- Collaborate on team processes to streamline collaboration across US and India team members
- Recruit and hire engineers to work on the product as it grows
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Track record of managing teams that deliver. Impressive portfolio of projects launched.
- Experience managing remotely.
- Experience managing fast-paced engineering teams. We’re going to be prototyping and iterating with our alpha users weekly and throwing away prototypes. We’re looking for someone who is excited by this cadence and opportunity.
- Excellent communication skills. We’re a remote-first team and we’re going to be moving fast together. Good communication is key.
- Heavy overlap with Pacific Time and able to travel on-site to the San Francisco headquarters for at least one week per quarter.
- Experience working on a 0-to-1 product.
- Experience working on B2B product and/or developer tools.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
If the role is based in the greater San Francisco area, and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $193,246 to $261,451, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.