Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 30 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
As a Senior Release Manager at Postman, you will be pivotal in ensuring the successful planning, coordination, and execution of multiple software releases across Postman’s products. You will manage a team of release coordinators and work closely with cross-functional teams, including product engineering, quality, and platform engineering, to facilitate the timely and efficient delivery of software updates to our users.
- You will collaborate with senior engineering leadership, product leadership, program management and other cross-functional stakeholders to define the release program to ensure its objectives, scope and success criteria align with our business needs.
- You will drive the planning, communications and execution of multiple releases by interfacing with all stakeholder functions such as the engineering managers, program managers, and product managers
- You will manage, lead and inspire a team of release coordinators, and managers. Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the release management team.
- You will be responsible for measuring, reporting and improving the release team’s KPI.
- You will own the release management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and managing releases across the organization by measuring progress and mitigating risks affecting the release in scope, quality and schedule.
- Ensure the smooth and timely execution of release management operations, including coordination tasks, both internal and external communications, and key stakeholder meetings.
- You’ll also work closely with the release and engineering teams to continuously improve the release process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across teams and effectively convey complex technical information in simple terms to stakeholders who may or may not be technical.
- Excellent people management skills
- Detail-oriented mindset focusing on accuracy and quality in release coordination and documentation.
- Familiarity with software release processes, version control, and agile methodologies Prior experience in a release or project coordination role is advantageous.
- Able to work flexible hours- This role will primarily work in India times and occasionally with distributed teams and stakeholders across other time zones.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. This position requires you to be present in our Bangalore office on Mondays,Wednesdays & Fridays.