Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 30 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team:
Identity and Access Management team is responsible for creating a secure, reliable and seamless Identity Management Platform for all the Postman users. This is the team behind authenticating and authorizing every request that reaches Postman space.
Postman's Identity Interface is the gateway to access a plethora of Postman's services while enabling users to connect with peers to perform work collaboratively. A team of passionate engineers where each day brings new learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the development of secure, reliable and scalable IAM platform components.
- Build and optimize the auth standards and protocols such as OAuth2.0, OIDC, SCIM, SAML and so on.
- Involve in the research areas such as role engineering, session management and implement the standardized formats meeting cross-functional AuthN and AuthZ needs for the platform.
- Empower the product with seamless, secure and reliable methods of enterprise onboarding by enabling broader integration areas of user and team management.
- Contribute to the development of APIs and products while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- 3-6 years of experience developing complex, distributed software applications at Postman’s scale
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of Database fundamentals especially on the performance aspects such as optimising queries, schema design, indexing, caching.
- You enjoy learning and sharing knowledge within and across teams.
- You have a product oriented mindset and empathy for the users.
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of auth products, protocols, methods ( OAuth, SAML, OIDC etc.)
- Previous experience with User/Team management, role engineering, access control.
- Alignment with our Values.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
This position requires you to be present in our Bangalore office on Mondays,Wednesdays & Fridays.