Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
As a Technical Program Manager for the Platform, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring seamless information flow between the leaders of the platform group and the head of business operations. Your expertise will be instrumental in aligning roadmaps, expectations, goals, and project timelines, ensuring that our platform strategy is in sync with business objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate effective two-way communication between the platform group leaders and the head of business operations.
- Collaborate closely with platform leaders to understand and align on roadmaps, expectations, and goals.
- Monitor and report on project timelines, ensuring timely updates and feedback loops.
- Drive alignment between technical and business teams, ensuring that platform initiatives support overarching business objectives.
- Identify and address any potential roadblocks or challenges, ensuring smooth execution of platform projects.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management or a related field.
- Strong understanding of API platforms and the technical challenges associated with them.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Effective documentation and distribution of processes. Strong tooling sense is preferable.
- Proven track record of managing complex projects and ensuring timely delivery.
- Detail-oriented and proactive, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Familiarity with Postman's platform and its offerings is a plus.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $147,900 to $200,100 plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend. Salaries will vary outside of the listed metropolitan areas & the U.S.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.